Contact Midwest Environmental, Inc. for a free consultation
Visit the Zonolite Attic Insulation Trust website to learn more about potential reimbursement
What is Vermiculite Attic Insulation?
Vermiculite attic insulation is a lightweight, pebble-like product, usually light-brown, gray, or gold. It may contain shiny flakes, and/or small accordion-like pieces.
Some vermiculite products contain asbestos. One common attic insulation brand was called Zonolite.
According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency's website, If You Have Vermiculite Insulation YOU SHOULD ASSUME THE VERMICULITE CONTAINS ASBESTOS AND DO NOT DISTURB IT!
Any disturbance could potentially release asbestos fibers into the air.
The EPA recommends that you:
- Leave vermiculite insulation undisturbed in your attic or in your walls.
- Do not store boxes or other items in your attic if it contains vermiculite insulation.
- Do not allow children to play in an attic with vermiculite insulation.
- Do not attempt to remove the insulation yourself.
- Hire a professional asbestos contractor if you plan to remodel or conduct renovations that would disturb the vermiculite in your attic or walls to make sure the material is safely handled and/or removed.
If you suspect that you have vermiculite insulation, contact Midwest Environmental, Inc. for a free consultation. MEI has over 38 years of experience in asbestos abatement. We can handle any size project in strict compliance with all applicable federal and local regulations.
Midwest Environmental, Inc. can evaluate your particular situation and offer the most practical, cost-effective solutions to your asbestos problems. More Information on Asbestos Testing.